[blindchristian] The Call of God, March 2, 2015

  • From: "Victoria" <gilkerson2730@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindchristian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Victoria Bartlett" <vlb16@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 09:42:31 -0600

Do you ever think of God as "up close and personal"? Instead of being
distant and unapproachable, the Creator of the universe has constantly
sought to come near us. In order to save us, He chose to identify with man
by sending His Son Jesus to live on earth. He also made it possible for His
Spirit to indwell us as our counselor and guide. The Father invites everyone
to have a personal relationship with Him. And He is pleased when we follow
Him closely.

If we look at His call to various people throughout Scripture's recorded
history, it's clear that this is not a general, vague offer (Jer. 1:5). God
desires that you seek Him with all your heart so that you may find Him and
the future He has planned for you (29:11-13). But God's top priority for
everyone is the call to salvation-He wants us to open the door of our heart
so that He can cleanse us and do a transforming work in our lives. He calls
us as individuals so that we will receive His love, forgiveness, and a new
identity through spiritual rebirth.

Your eternal destiny depends upon a decision to answer His call with an open
heart. To say yes is to embark on the adventure of a new life full of
purpose-the life with Him that you were created to live. Have you responded
to this incredible call on your life? If you have, reaffirm your commitment
to Him. If you haven't yet answered His invitation, make today the day that
changes everything: Receive Jesus as your personal Savior, and make Him the
Lord of your life.

Get Involved

Victoria E Gilkerson