[blindchristian] New post on HPN Quest for Truth 46 Christmas Angels

  • From: Keith Heltsley <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindchristian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 10:26:30 -0600

New post on HPN

<http://podcast.heltsley.net/?author=2>
Quest for Truth 46 Christmas Angels
<http://podcast.heltsley.net/2015/quest-for-truth-46-christmas-angels/>by keith
<http://podcast.heltsley.net/?author=2>
Meet the hosts with a word on wedding anniversaries, keeping busy with
Christmas pageants, grand babies, and more. Want a copy of the Christmas song
book that Keith has been working on? Click to open the html file in your
browser. <http://heltsley.net/wp-content/uploads/qft/YTHymns2015.html>
If linkz aren't clickable in the file, you'll need to copy and paste them into
your browser's address bar. It's based on songs as they appear in the order in
the Baptist Hymnal, 2008 version,. Carols include both the lyrics and links to
the tunes on Youtube. Some link to several versions, and are intended for
personal use. Some material may be copyrighted, and is provided as a courtesy,
and under the terms of use of youtube.com <http://youtube.com/> and the content
owners.

Songs are formatted for ease of navigation by heading to locate the song, then
by line to read the lyrics. Links will open the song on Youtube, or if your
device hs the youtube app, it should open. Be sure you have an Internet
connection. Data charges for transferring the media may apply.

We skip over the segment we had planned,, on Bible Timeline. Stay tuned for
future installments though. Instead, Keith presents a short quiz on Christmas
tidbits. Questions are based on Matthew 1, and the account's in Luke 1-3. Some
are pretty lame, and may have more than one answer, but we have fun discussing
the events surrounding the birth of Jesus.

Main Topic

With Christmas nearly here, and the prominence of angels in the birth stories,
we take a look at angels.

archangels

Gabriel,
Strong man, valiant man, Everyman, Any man, inxolent man,
of god.

mentioned twice in OT. Daniel 8:16, Daniel 9:personal use.
Both times revealing mysteries of end times visions.

Mentioned twice in NT.
Both times in Luke 1.

Once to reveal John's birth.

Once to reveal Jesus birth to Mary.
Michael.
Who is like god

Your Prince, Sent to help and fight for Daniel. Daniel 10:13,21.

Prince of all believers (those written in the book), sent to fight at last
times. Daniel 12:1
Mentioned in Jude 1:9, a reference to an unnamed angel who fought with Satan
over Moses body.

Fights with the dragon, he and his angels against the dragon and his angels.
Rev 12:7o

Several Hebrews as listed in Numbers, 1&2z Chronicles, Ezra, etc.

Archangel.
Not used in OT. #

specifically mentioned in Jude 1:9. See above.

Though a warrior, never blasphemes, or accuses, but leaves rebuking to god.

Zechariah 3:2 (ESV)

2 And the LORD said to Satan, "The LORD rebuke you, O Satan! The LORD who has
chosen Jerusalem rebuke you! Is not this a brand plucked from the fire?"

The Lord (Jesus) himself descends with shout of archangel. 1 Thess 4:16

Nathan includes a few more insights on angels,, what they do, and their role in
God's kingdom. After a full discussion, complete with a few bunny trails, we
wrap up with a word on feedback. You know what to do…

Use the commenting form on any of the show notes.

Drop us an email on the contact page.
Follow the official tweets of the network with @HPNCast.
Use our official hash tags: #hpnqft to notify us of what you're talking about.

#hpnqft50 to alert us of something to include in our upcoming 50th episode.
keith <http://podcast.heltsley.net/?author=2> | December 15, 2015 at 1:28 pm |
Categories: Quest for Truth
<http://podcast.heltsley.net/?taxonomy=category&term=quest-for-truth> | URL:
http://wp.me/p5uvFj-4L <http://wp.me/p5uvFj-4L>