[blindchristian] New post on HPN Quest for Truth 45 Myths On Bible Myths.

  • From: Keith Heltsley <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindchristian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 19:38:19 -0600

New post on HPN

<http://podcast.heltsley.net/?author=2>
Quest for Truth 45 Myths On Bible Myths.
<http://podcast.heltsley.net/2015/quest-for-truth-45-myths-on-bible-myths/>by
keith <http://podcast.heltsley.net/?author=2>
Fpor our Meet the Hosts segment, we take time to meet our guest. Its up to
Keith to share how they first met, since the guest is his son, Michael, and he
claims to not remember a thing about it. It has been a mostly un remarkable
week for the hosts, so after a quick shout out on other podcasting projects and
a word on support through patreon.com <http://patreon.com/>, we turn to a new
segment.

Bible Timelines.

This is intended to support the bible as a valid, true , and reliable resource
to base matters of faith. A majority of people regard the bible as a good book
at the very least. Over half take it as being inspired by God, even if there is
som disagreement on whether it should be held as the literal word of God, or as
a helpful tool for life, or some other positive beliefs about it.

Today we take a first glimpse at how we got to having so many versions of
scripture in the English language. What are the translations based on? Arre all
the Greek manuscripts equal? Which are considered trustworthy, and why? For
that matter, hlw can we trust that those old, dusty parchments and fragments
can be considered reliable?

So... is the good old King James Version the only real version? I don't think
there's a definitive answer to that, especially not in this initial segment.
Stay tuned to more on the time line that has preserved and delivered the
familiar translations that we have today. In upcoming installments wetry to
tackle such topics as considering the scripture as a product of men, or of god.
Is it full of errors , or is it possible for perfection to come out of
imperfect mehn. Plus much more. Feel free to drop us a line to let your voice
be heard, or weigh in on a topic.

Main Topic.

oes the bible contain myths? Does it teach negative behavior that is counter
productive? Some people think so. We take some foundational... or would that be
better stated as fundamental... beliefs of Secular Humanists. Pulling
statements directly from an article from a Humanist website, we try to make
sense of their claims that it is corrupt, full of myths, and has only negative
impact on society.

We can't figure out the logic of the statements they claim. It is only clear to
us that the humanist who wrote the article has never read the bible.
Claims of contradictions seem to be based on rumors of what the bible teaches.
You know... "They" say the creation account conflicts with... Or, "they" say
the bible teaches bigotry... oor "they" say... (fill in the false teaching
here). Who is "They"? Bibles are everywhere. Why not pick up a copy, and read
what it actually says, rather than what you heard a friend say about what he
heard someone else say, who got it from a friend of a friend... Sorry for being
a little flippant, but groundless claims need to be supported. It's never good
to build a doctrine on heresay.

This topic, Myths About the Bible, will also be a recurring segment for future
episodes. Please feel free to weigh in on the topic. We have a list of faulty
ideas that people have. If you have a burning question that you want us to
discuss , leave a comment or email, and tell us all about it.

The plan was to include more Christmas trivia questions, but the discussion ran
,long. We still have next week so stay tuned to enjoy it then.

keith <http://podcast.heltsley.net/?author=2> | December 8, 2015 at 11:35 am |
Categories: Quest for Truth
<http://podcast.heltsley.net/?taxonomy=category&term=quest-for-truth> | URL:
http://wp.me/p5uvFj-4J <http://wp.me/p5uvFj-4J>