[blindchristian] Being Restored, February 6, 2015

  • From: "Victoria E Gilkerson" <vegilkerson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindchristian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <mdmcculloch1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2015 04:47:49 -0600

Devotional--Being Restored
By Richard Moser, Jr.

In Mark 8:-27-30, Jesus asks His Disciples a revealing question--"Who do you
say I am?" Peter answers that Jesus is the Christ or the Messiah. Peter
expresses a deep faith in Jesus. Later, when Jesus is in custody and
awaiting a trial and execution, Peter denies knowing Jesus. Peter does this
not just once, but three times. Peter has fallen from a devout believer to a
fearful denier. Upon realizing what he has done, Peter is devastated, and he
weeps.

After Jesus' resurrection, Jesus sought out Peter. Jesus knew Peter's
spiritual condition and wanted to restore him. Jesus not only forgave Peter;
He also gave Peter instructions on taking care of the new believers.

Today, Jesus still seeks us out. He wants us to recognize Him as the
Saviour, and wants to forgive our sins. Jesus even forgives us after we have
turned away from Him. He is calling us to service in His Kingdom. What is He
calling you to do?

Victoria E Gilkerson