Broadcasting Via Winamp 35 and Sam Winamp Encoder (Talking On Air)

  • From: "JardataMailServicesBox" <jardatamailservices@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcasting@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 10:17:37 -0700

Hello List!

I am able to broadcast via a shoutcast server, but I cannot figure out how to
talk on air.  I downloaded the Linerec Winamp Plug-in, which I think I'm
suppose to use to speak between songs.  Well, each time I do CTRL-L, Winamp
asks me for a URL and my music plays on.  I normally use my regular song or MP3
folders to play songs.  Am I suppose to be using the winamp playlist or a
playlist to achieve this?  They say I am to type a dll command in the playlist.
 Is this true and, if so, how does the process work?

Am I suppose to always use a playlist.  Do I put my songs in the winamp
playlist or do I create my own or either?.  I listen to ACB radio DJ and am
impressed with them and the way they talk; it seems so easy; and I'd like to do
it that way.

I hope someone has the time to give me a step-by-step approach on how to just
talk on the air through winamp or direct me to a vocal tutorial or podcast or
something on the topic.

thanks for your help.

James Robinson