[blindapple] Library of Disk Images now a reality!

  • From: "Jayson Smith" <ratguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindapple@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 23:39:57 -0500

Hello everybody,
I have just started a library of disk images.  It's rather small now just
six images!  All images are just standard .dsk files with no compression.
The ones not described below are just disks with misc. games on them.
To get to the images, just go to http://jaybird.no-ip.info/disks
These files are also available via anonymous FTP at
ftp://jaybird.no-ip.info/disks
dostalk.dsk is a Raised Dot modified system master.  It doesn't have Integer
Basic on it, but it does have some of the classic DOS utilities such as FID
and Copya.  There's also an echo demo and a cute little alphabet song demo.
egames.dsk is the Echo games disk that came with our copy of BEX.  It has
such classics as Blackjack, Lemonade Stand, Great Escape, Lunar Lander and
more.
The other disks are just collections of games.
My thinking is that on disks which use the Integer Basic based menu system,
I'll stick to standard DOS.  However, on those that don't use the Integer
menu, I have been upgrading them to Pronto-DOS, a much faster DOS.  The
exception to this is dostalk.dsk and egames.dsk which still use the standard
DOS.
I've got several more game collections to be fixed up and uploaded.  I do
also have some disk images of clearly copyrighted software which, at least
for now, I am not making available publicly.  This software includes BEX
3.0, Braille Edit 2.45 (the program that came before BEX), ProWords 1.5C,
ProTerm 1.5C, ProBraille, Speaking Speller by APH, The Talking Apple, a
tutorial of the Apple IIe by APH, a modified talking MECC math games disk by
APH, and a mostly working copy of Type Talk by Lorin Software.  Also, a
program which I think was put out by Raised Dot called Audio Braille, a
talking Braille tutorial program.
I'm looking for several things.  First, I'd love to have a copy of that
famous talking disk which everybody knows and loves.  The one with Talking
Writer, Typing Game, Dragon Maze, Space Invaders, Music Game and a voice
control program.  Put Pronto-DOS on that sucker and the programs would load
much faster!  Also, Larry Skutchan once modified a Monopoly game to talk.
I've got it on a disk but the disk is bad.  Also somebody wrote a talking
Wheel of Fortune game I played once in school.
Jayson.

blindapple-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word 'unsubscribe' in the subject
line.
Archives of prior list messages are available at
//www.freelists.org/archives/blindapple
This list is powered by Free Lists!  For more info, go to www.freelists.org