[blindapple] A new home for us.

  • From: "Jayson Smith" <ratguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindapple@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 02:11:32 -0500

Hi,
After lots of work and frustration, Mailman is now installed on my Linux
machine.  I have created a new blindapple list on that machine.  Yesterday's
little episode with Freelists sending Tony's message about Apple magazines
to me for approval just because he used one certain word that starts with an
S, ends with an E and has 'ubscrib' in between, near the top of the message
left me cold.  I think we can do better with Mailman.  I'll be in complete
control.  Also, unless something really strange and unforeseen happens, you
will never see advertisements of any kind on the new list.  I know Freelists
doesn't put them in now, but like other free mailing list providers, they
may start sometime.  Case in point, Yahoo and Topica.  Topica even went so
far as to put ads at the tops of messages!
The upshot of all this is that once we get everything finalized with the new
list, all subscriptions to this list will be moved over to the new list.
Jayson.

blindapple-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word 'unsubscribe' in the subject
line.
Archives of prior list messages are available at
//www.freelists.org/archives/blindapple
This list is powered by Free Lists!  For more info, go to www.freelists.org