[blind_it] post-secondary education

  • From: Ted Cooke <thewisetheodore@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind_it@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 04:58:14 -0400

hey guys. I'm trying to decide between getting a computing deploma
from a community college or going to university. I'm not sure what
kind of programming I want to do, but I do know the university I'm
considering focuses on development in the .net framework.

Does anybody have any opinion on how wise it would be for me to get a
degree that has a focus on using the .net framework?

Are there fields within computer science that are more accessible or
blind friendly than other fields? web development, desktop aplication
development, etc?

I would appreciate any advice at all. I'm really lost in this big
decision, and I don't have any sort of mentor to help. I would
especially appreciate advice from a fellow canadian who knows the
canadian post-secondary situation, but I'd be happy with advice from
anyone :)

you could contact me directly at this email address
(TheWiseTheodore@xxxxxxxxx) or perhaps we could arrange a phonecall.