blind_html HP USB TV Tuner

  • From: "Mark" <torgersonenator@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind_html@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 13:12:53 -0800

Hi
     I am thinking about buying the HP USB TV Tuner, Mottle (KS523AA#ABA).
Having had no experience with this device, I was wondering how blind friendly
it is? My guess is that the software may be hostel but the remote might be
accessible. Will this receive satellite, and local digital signals? I pasted
the information from the HP website below.

HP USB TV Tuner
$99.99
Convert your notebook PC into a TV and video recorder. Our USB TV Tuner lets
you you to watch, record, and pause live TV, plus listen to FM radio while
using Windows Vista, HP Quickplay, or HP MediaSmart. This hybrid tuner delivers
traditional NTSC analog cable TV, HD6 digital ATSC3, and clear QAM digital
TV.
. Watch and record analog cable TV, hi-definition digital ATSC1 or clear QAM
digital TV on your PC
. Record shows at home, then enjoy them on the go
. Watch, pause, and rewind live TV or listen to live FM radio on your notebook
. Quickly see what's on with the easy-to-use electronic program guide
. Control your content with the full-function media remote control
. Get started fast: there's no additional software to install
. Get questions answered toll-free, 24 x 7, or via e-mail in as little time as
an hour
     I appreciate everyone's insight's.

God bless,
Mark
--
      Currently in Pendleton, Eastern Oregon Regional At Pendleton, Oregon
Overcast, 26.1°F(-3.3°C) Wind:NW (320°) at 3mph (3KT)