[blind-it] Re: Accessible Virtualization Platforms?

  • From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-it@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 13:08:07 -0000

Yeah, what is Hyper-V. I hear it supposedly improves virtual machine
performance, but don't get that at all. VMware Server is server
virtualization software whilst VMware Workstation is the desktop equivalent.
From what I hear, it is possible to use server-based versions of Windows,
with the warning that no audio output will be heard by default. This is
because the audio service(s) are disabled and therefore sighted help may be
required in order to enable audio. Hope this helps.

--
Chris Hallsworth
E-mail: CH9675@xxxxxxxxxxx