[blind-democracy] Re: especially for Roger, link to video Chris Hedges on Marx

  • From: Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 22:31:08 -0400

I knew you'd appreciate it because as I listened, I realized that he was
saying pretty much what you say. At the beginning, I really had difficulty
absorbing some of the content. He was speaking very quickly and he was
including a lot of complex concepts. It got a bit easier after a few
minutes. I think he was providing a description of some of the things that
Marx wrote which seem applicable to our present situation. But he is a
Christian, at least his father was a minister and he, himself attended
seminary. He may have changed his mind. I don't know. I have heard him, in
other talks, use the writings of philosophers and religious thinkers to
explain current phenomena. That is one of the reasons that I like his
writing so much. His thinking if flexible. He has so much information at his
fingertips.