[blind-democracy] a very special Thanksgiving message.

  • From: "Charles Crawford" <CCrawford@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <seeing-eye@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "GDUI Chat List" <gdui-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <gdui-leadership-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2015 15:32:28 -0500

Hi Everyone,

I am sure that some of you either knew or have heard of Ed Walker who was a
blind Radio and even a TV personality here in the Washington area.
Unfortunately, Ed died a few weeks ago and I attended a memorial and funeral
service for him last weekend.

Ed's Daughter Susan gave a wonderful tribute to her Dad and there is one
part of it that I wish to relate to you because it is so unique and so much
like Ed.

One day when sitting down to lunch, Ed was asked by a family member to say
grace. He lifted his face toward heaven and said, " now, a word from our
sponsor. " We all were surprised and had a warm laugh at something that was
so much like the guy we had come to know as a real good friend.

Happy Thanksgiving all and may our sponsor bless you and make your
Thanksgiving a meaningful and blessed one.

Charlie Crawford and my little Razen in the sun.