[blind-democracy] Re: Why Terrorism occurs?

  • From: Carl Jarvis <carjar82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mostafa <mostafa.almahdy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2015 09:55:33 -0700

Greetings Mostafa,
Once again I am in disagreement with some of your positions. In this
short note I will not attempt to restate your points, but rather, I
will simply state my personal view. Our differences will be self
apparent.
I believe that each time we human beings find a difference between our
beliefs or our behavior, we use that difference to drive wedges and
separate ourselves from one another. We have used our differences
throughout our history in order to validate our own group. It then
becomes necessary to internalize these differences and believe that
these differences confirm the fact that we are right, and our ways are
the correct and proper ways. So, if the group living next door to us
behaves differently, we tend to look down on them, or to fear them if
they are aggressive. Going even further, each group invents a Supreme
Being whose Word is Truth and eternal Law, setting in concrete our
beliefs, and proving without a doubt that all others are following
False Gods.
Naturally you can see the outcome. If you dare to tell me that my
God, or my ways are not the true ways or the true God, I will deny
your words and if I'm truly offended, I'll try forcing you to retract
your words. War is the word we use for such actions.
But it is really a flaw in our human nature. Despite all of our
similarities, we focus on small differences. Often these differences
are imaginary ones. We, you and I imagine that there is a God. Well,
you imagine there is a God. As an Agnostic, I question the existence
of such a Creator. I lean toward the belief that Man has Created the
Creators we worship. And so, rather than you seeing me as a good man
who holds a different view of the universe, you may feel threatened
and see me as an Evil Creature possessed of the Devil. Rather than
seeing you as a man who seeks information and truth, I might view you
as a crazy Muslim, just waiting for the opportunity to slit my throat.
Why do we seem bent upon trashing one another? Can Human Beings come
to a place where we understand that we are really One People? Can we
learn to live together with our differences, living together with all
life on our Planet Earth? Can we turn together and save this Garden
of Eden before we are turned out, cast into the Wilderness to wander
in the Desert for Eternity? Or will we each insist that our way is
the true way, and war against one another until there are no winners.
Even the little birds, the deer, the fish, all plant life will be the
losers. Planet Earth will remain, but our voices will be lost for
eternity.

There is an old saying:
Pride goeth before a great fall.
Is this where Mankind is headed?

Yours,
Carl Jarvis

On 7/4/15, Mostafa <mostafa.almahdy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am sure it is a question which we all want an answer for. I
am not looking for periodically perennial answers though. I am looking for
credible and convincing ones. Recently,we saw three major terrorist
attacks. One in Kuwait, another one in Tunisia and on June the thirtieth,
here in Cairo. What is the root cause of these suicidal bombing attacks?
Some of you may recall my advice to read a book called (Dying to Win) by
Professor Robert Pape. He is a prestigious professor of Political Science at
the university of Chicago. He made a thorough research on strategic bombing
and he primarily relied on dissecting data. So on this post, I will
inshallah explore the root cause of suicidal terrorism. The initial inciting
factor that we can possibly think of is foreign military occupation.

Citation.

http://www.opednews.com/articles/The-root-cause-of-suicide-by-Abdus-Sattar-Ghaza-101027-767.html

Despite any favouritism of either fundamentalist or secularist ideologies,
terrorism is chiefly rooted on the basis of foreign occupation. If a
territory is militarily occupied, the chances of seeing suicidal operations
erupting in the region increases one-forth. In the subsequent segment, I
shared a documended reference which explains the philosophy of strategic
suicide bombing. Here you go.

http://www.columbia.edu/itc/journalism/stille/Politics%20Fall%202007/readings%20weeks%206-7/Strategic%20Logic%20of%20Suicide%20Missions.pdf

So here, we are not dealing with exercising tactics. We rather are dealing
with inciting factors of suicidal attacks. Islam is often accused of being
the major cause of instigating terrorism, violence and brutality. Well, as
Muslims we have to soberly be resolute and determined about our faith.
Islam doesn’t promote acts of terror. Islam repudiates terror. There is a
vast difference between terrorism and Jihad. Terrorism is generally defined
as the calculated use of violence or the threat of perpetrating violence
against civilians in order to attain objectives that are political,
religious or ideological in nature. This is gained through intimidation,
coercion or instilling fear. However, Jihad is generally defined as the
licit act of couragiously engaging in combat against hostilely weaponed
multitude. It is strictly prohibited to engage in fight against
non-combatants or innocently defenseless civilians. It is a denotative
abomination and it directly violates common Islamic principles for enjoining
peace. Simultaneously, I never denied the legitimately irremissible duty to
defy aggression. I was never ashamed of the prophet (salla Allahu alaihi wa
sallam) and the decisive fact that he (salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam) fought
against obstinately belligerent heathens. In consecutive battles, he (salla
Allahu alaihi wa sallam) fought against armed pagans and their allies. He
stood by the truth, he (salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam) was never timid and
he (salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam) never compeled anyone to be Muslim
despite the orientally bogus proclamations.

The best quote I can use here is what famous British author and historian
(Thomas Carlyle) wrote about the noble characteristics of the prophet (salla
Allahu alaihi wa sallam) in his prodominant piece of literature (‘The Heroes
and the Heroic Worship) for which he was awarded a Nobel Prise. He wrote and
I quote:

"The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this
man (Muhammad) are disgraceful to ourselves only. A silent great soul, one
of that who cannot but be earnest. He was to kindle the world, the world’s
Maker had ordered so”.

Thence, we ought to be quite outspoken on this regard. It was never
opprobrious the fact that we have renowned battles in our history. The
western field of Orientalism attempts with a considerable aid from (Southern
Evangelical Protestantism) in the United States to fraudulently invoke the
distorted concept that early Muslims used the sword to compel people to
accept Islam. The reason they do this is to basically invoke this idea of
skeptically viewing the licit right of defiance. We are somehow evoked to
fallaciously assume the act of defiance as perpetrating terrorism.
Certainly, the sudden appearance of something like (ISIS) helped the western
media to promote this distorted concept even further. (ISIS) is a
mistranslated term. It actually means nothing so to say. Here is a critical
transliteration of its actual acrynom. (Da’esh). (Da’ESH) is an acrynom
which stands for (The state of Iraq and Syria). In Arabic, Syria is
generically defined as (Al-sha’mm). So, this terrorist cultus which
forcefully occupys a substantial land in Iraq and Syria is portrayed in the
western media as the( Islamic State), what a shame. It is tremendously
preposterous. It is deliberately interpolated. It is dramatically artful and
counterfeit. As Muslims, we should be quite confident about ourselves and
our tenets. Our structural foundation consists of leniency and severity.
It’s combined of both clemency and stridence and each one is used in its
proper manner depending on the situation. Terrorism is fundamentally
provoked with inciting subjection and suppression. It is a natural reaction
to aggression. Despite its ideology, terrorism is prodominantly despised and
repudiated. I unambiguously condemn terrorism and perpetrating hostile
disposal. At the same time, I won’t suspend recognising Jihad. Combative
Jihad is essential in engaging into legitimate insubordination against
enemies. With my sober persistence and inshallah my unwavering perseverance,
I am sufficiently eligible to speak up and to demonstrate my steadfast
courage. I desire liberty and I adhere independent autonomy to basically
decline the terrorist unfair labeler. I am not in the position where I have
to defend myself nor to present my innocence. Jihad is not terrorism and (
Da’ESH) is basically felonious. As Muslims, we honour and revere ancient
courageous paladins such as (Khalid ibn Al-Waleed), for instance. He is a
fame character in the field of warfare and combat and for us as Muslims, he
is a notable role model and he is worthy of imitation. Of course, western
orientalists don’t want us to learn about these characters and there was a
pressure on Egypt and other countries to permanently bann such lessons from
school religion textbooks. This is a decisively confirmed piece of
information. True Islamic Jihad is not the inciting factor for perpetrating
violence. It rather motivates what they struggle to make us lose which is
courage and the characterized stridence to defy their uninterrupted attempts
to make us submissively sabotaged. The western mass media must instantly
decease its insistence to interfere with our concepts, thoughts and
principles. With all respect, I won’t ever tolerate a western orientalist
influentially imposing on me the definition of Jihad nor the recognition of
what terrorism is. Excuse me, this is explicitly an attempt to culturally
dominate us. I recognise the scenario which is made to tactically make us
timid and powerless, it is the schemed script to gradually make us faint and
discouraged. The unilaterally proposed peace says it all and therefore, I
necessarily have to militate the situation with constantly confronting this
desecration with exhibiting the (Undying Sadat Spirit). This is purely the
essence of this post and a subsequent segment is yet to come. Thank you for
your attention, time and courtesy. Mostafa.