[blind-democracy] Re: The US-Russia Proxy War in Syria

  • From: "Bob Hachey" <bhachey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2015 16:15:16 -0500

Hi Miriam,
This article could almost be a sequel to The Devil's Chessboard which I am
now about one-third of the way done.
I surely knew of some of the evil being done by the CIA and the forces of
Wall Street wealth. But the detail in that book is incredible. While we can
argue that life was better for the lower classes in the 1940's, until around
1985, the terrible way we have and still do conduct foreign policy has not
changed much. Those who pull the strings have replaced fear of the spread of
communism with the threat of muslim attacks. And, I agree with the author
here that Obama will not change our relationship with either Turkey or the
Saudis. IT's too bad that Obama cares more about the safety and comfort of
himself than he does about what is truly the right thing to do. WE haven't
had a president who has the moral fortitude to do the right thing since
Jimmy Carter.
Who was it that once said: "The more things change, the more they stay the
same?"
Bob Hachey