[blind-democracy] Re: The National Anthem

  • From: "R. E. Driscoll Sr" <llocsirdsr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 18:37:47 -0600

All:
The milk has already been spilled and the staid has dried. My recommendation is to forget about it and go forward.
R. E. (Dick) Driscoll, Sr.

On 3/18/2016 11:56 AM, Bob Hachey wrote:

Hi carl and all,

That was an interesting piece on the history of our national anthem. While I agree that it was way over blown with too much emphasis on religion, there are some grains of truth in there. Most especially, that the revolutionaries of America were indeed being oppressed by the British Empire prior to the American Revolution. Yes, America sadly kept slavery which is a permanent stain on our nation. But good men were willing to give up their lives rather than surrender to the British.

What is saddest of all here, and it happens over and over again in human history, when those who were once oppressed gain power, then they tend to become the oppressors. This can be said of America, Russia, China, and many more.

Bob Hachey

---