[blind-democracy] Re: Racism, yes or no?

  • From: Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 13:37:52 -0400

Racism is in all of us. We tend to feel most comfortable with people who
look like us and whose customs are like our's. Institutional racism is
preferential treatment of certain people that is legislated, cast into
stone. We need to work on both kinds. But institutional racism can be
tackled with changes in laws and procedures and its irradication would fit
with our national ideals.

Miriam