[blind-democracy] Progressive Ballot Initiatives

  • From: "Bob Hachey" <bhachey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2015 02:21:18 -0400

Hi all,

Check out these ballot questions.

Bob Hachey

Robert -

Two states. Two cities. Four initiatives on the ballot this November.

Across the country, people are organizing to protect their communities from
corruption. This is how change happens: Regular people stepping up, getting
organized, and pushing for reforms that actually change the law and hold
politicians accountable.

We're thrilled by how much progress our friends and allies are making. Here
are the key fights we'll be watching this Fall:

_____

<http://act.represent.us/go/1178?t=1&akid=8380.194068.EwYJmn>
https://dv9jgklhamlge.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/4-Maine.jpg?
bead5f

Powerful Reforms on the Ballot in Maine

Thanks to our friends at Mainers for Accountable Elections and the work of
hundreds of passionate volunteers, Maine residents will vote on a statewide
initiative to curb corruption this November. If approved by voters, Question
1 will require more transparency, empower voters, and increase the fines and
penalties for those who break the rules.
<http://act.represent.us/go/1178?t=2&akid=8380.194068.EwYJmn> Click here to
learn more about Question 1.

<http://act.represent.us/go/1164?t=3&akid=8380.194068.EwYJmn>
https://dv9jgklhamlge.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Seattle-Thum
b.jpg?bead5f

Honest Elections Seattle

Seattle is on its way to becoming the second major city to pass a law
modeled after the American Anti-Corruption Act. When Seattle voters pass
initiative I-122 in November, it will hold local politicians accountable,
reduce conflicts of interest, increase transparency, encourage a more
diverse pool of candidates, and give every voter a voice.
<http://act.represent.us/go/1164?t=4&akid=8380.194068.EwYJmn> Learn more
about the Honest Elections Seattle initiative here.

<http://act.represent.us/go/1215?t=5&akid=8380.194068.EwYJmn>
https://dv9jgklhamlge.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/2-Washington
.jpg?bead5f

Big Things Happening in WA State

Meanwhile, WAmend is working hard to get an initiative on the statewide
ballot for November 2016. The measure, I-735, urges Washington State
legislators to support a constitutional amendment to overturn Citizens
United. Dedicated grassroots volunteers are working hard to gather the
required 320,000 signatures, and they're already over halfway there!
<http://act.represent.us/go/1215?t=6&akid=8380.194068.EwYJmn> Find out more
about the fight for I-735 here.

<http://act.represent.us/go/1216?t=7&akid=8380.194068.EwYJmn>
https://dv9jgklhamlge.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/3-SanFran.jp
g?bead5f

Fighting for Reform in San Francisco

Represent San Francisco and SF Friends of Ethics teamed up to get the
Expenditure Lobbyist Measure on the ballot for the November 3, 2015
election. If passed, it will expand the definition of lobbying to include
astroturfing, and will reinstate the reporting of all spending aimed at city
hall. <http://act.represent.us/go/1216?t=8&akid=8380.194068.EwYJmn> Click
here to learn more about the SF Expenditure Lobbyist Measure.

_____

Feeling inspired?
<http://act.represent.us/go/678?t=9&akid=8380.194068.EwYJmn> Become a
Represent.Us volunteer today and join the thousands of people who are
fighting corruption across the country. Together, we're fixing corruption -
city by city, state by state.

Let's get out there and win big this November!

- Josh

Josh Silver
Director
Represent.Us

http://act.represent.us/o.gif?akid=8380.194068.EwYJmn

<https://represent.us/donate/?utm_source=footer&utm_medium=mailing&utm_campa
ign=donate&akid=8380.194068.EwYJmn> DONATE

<http://www.facebook.com/RepresentUs/> Facebook

<http://www.youtube.com/user/UnitedRepublicVideo/> YouTube

<http://twitter.com/representdotus/> Twitter

<https://www.represent.us/?utm_source=footer&utm_medium=mailing&utm_campaign
=homepage&akid=8380.194068.EwYJmn> Represent.Us

campaign=unsubscribe&t=10&akid=8380.194068.EwYJmn> Click here to
unsubscribe.

Represent.Us is a cross-partisan campaign to fix America's broken political
system.
Represent.Us, P.O. Box 60008, Florence, MA 01062, 855-585-8100

JPEG image

JPEG image

JPEG image

JPEG image