[blind-democracy] Re: Gun culture in America

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rogerbailey81" for DMARC)
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bob <ebob824@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2017 15:52:40 -0400

This post made me think of something I haven't thought of in years. As a former gun owner I wonder what ever happened to my guns. I inherited two rifles from my grandfather. I suppose he was once a hunter, but I don't remember his hunting in my lifetime. As a child I do remember him and my father using the rifles for target practice once and I was allowed to take a shot that went very wild. Other than their having been taken out on that occasion I only remember them residing in a rack over a door in a seldom used hallway. After the death of both my grandfather and grandmother the house was cleared out eventually and I was partially involved in that process, but I did not even think of the guns at that time. Again, that hallway was seldom used and to see the guns one would have to purposely look up above that door or one would completely miss them. Some time after the house was cleared out of its contents someone broke into it. Whoever did that must have been disappointed because it was a pretty empty house by then. But I suppose there is some possibility that they were stolen then. There is also the possibility that my father took them and if he did I have no idea what might have happened to them when he died. The other possibility is that they remained in that rack and got lost in the rubble when the house was torn down. Officially, though, I owned the two rifles. The fact that I never gave any thought to them made it easy to lose track of them though.

On 8/8/2017 3:31 PM, Bob wrote:

Gun violence Is public health crisis in the United States, experts assert. The crisis has complicatedly been serialized. This horrible crisis of mass shooting doesn’t happen anywhere in the western world the way it happens in the United States. The reason for that lies beyond mental impairment and illegal firearms purchase. The prosecution has to step even farther. There is something wrong with American tendency when it comes to gun ownership and its motivation. In a consistent perspective, the one who owns a gun is either a police officer, a military personnel, a security guard or just a criminal. The classification has no placement for fifth gun owner, except in America, where everyone has a gun. I personally believe that American misunderstanding of freedom is what brought this crisis and, their obstinacy resulted in its complication. Do you think they will resolve this? No, not at all. They have condemned the act several times, the president delivered his typical speech on mass shooting incidents, senators are expected to debate the subject while exchanging heated and sometimes, offensive remarks. Afterward, in a month or so, we will hear about another incident somewhere in the States for whatever reason and then, well, the vicious cycle will just be repeated, nothing more. The reason for that is American arrogant temperament, they are always right and everyone is wrong. Even football, they have their own version of the game, because this is America, it must always oppose the world. I think I don’t need to tell you that I was thinking of visiting or perhaps residing in the States for educational purposes. Trust me, I am thankful to Allah that I never did. This country is undoubtedly getting insane. Their arrogance is exceedingly unmatchable. If they really wanted to resolve their gun crisis, they would have done so. This problem is longstanding a while ago. Should I reveal the bitter secret behind their unjustified skepticism of gun possession restriction? It is greed, which is resembled in the National Rifle Association and its predominant dominance. If they restricted gun trade, the weapon industry which is directed by the National Rifle Association will negatively be affected. For capitalistic America, money matters more than anything else. This fact might be a bit appalling to people, but it is certainly proved. In the United States, greed is immensely superior to law enforcement. Each and every mass murderer such as Californian Elliot Rodger is called a maniac. American horror story turned out to be exceedingly terrific. Through action movies and violent based video games, bearing arms became the norm to young people. Public affection and inebriation have formed the mind which easily justifies any motive to kill. The gun crisis is beyond the National Rifle Association. It has became a deeply concerning mental crisis for many Americans. It is threatening to public safety. I urge spiritual leaders to take an act on this. Rifle bargainers are intemperately obsessed with misanthropy. As for the second amendment and the various interpretations affiliated with it, well, I am not a constitutional scholar but, it sounded quite different to me from how gun boosters have construed it. I may not necessarily agree with everything said in the Bible but, I call evangelists to preach to their disinformed individuals about the prohibition of bearing arms unless for a licit aim. It is inadvertently crucial to rectify these minds. Instead of demonising an entire nation overseas, I urge you to attentively look after your own affairs. You do not need to make a monster out of our religion, it already lives with you. The world of tension dwells where faith and excellence are perfectly absent. I embrace the perspective which legally restricts gun ownership. When will this insanity stop? They do not want to protect gun rights as they counterfeitly promote. They just want to insure their wealth exorbitance never dissolves. I give intense value for human life. I do not give
credit to kill an innocent for any controversial justification. It is not enough to talk about peace if we really want to live peacefully. We must enact what we believe. I wish you all a pleasant Tuesday. This is Bob, composing this humble post from Cairo Egypt.

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>