[blind-democracy] FW: Grayson, Wasserman Schultz: Stand w/Nelson, Murphy to Back #IranDeal

  • From: Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2015 21:33:16 -0400

_____

From: naiman=justforeignpolicy.org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:naiman=justforeignpolicy.org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Just
Foreign Policy
Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2015 7:00 PM
To: miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Grayson, Wasserman Schultz: Stand w/Nelson, Murphy to Back
#IranDeal

<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=BjaQRxJg7j4DSMfRArUNszixqr9dKm
6Q> Just Foreign Policy

Dear Miriam,

The Washington Post has reported that 34 Democratic Senators have committed
to support the Iran nuclear deal, meaning that Republican efforts to kill
the deal have failed. [1] This is a crucial victory for peace and diplomacy.

But that still leaves the question of what kind of people we want to lead
the Democratic Party. This isn't likely to be the last time that America
faces a choice between war and diplomacy. In 2002, key Democratic leaders
like Chuck Schumer voted for Bush's Iraq war, even though international
diplomatic efforts to avoid war had not run their course. Today, even though
Chuck Schumer is one of just two Senate Democrats opposing the Iran deal,
some people still think Schumer should be the next leader of Senate
Democrats.

Alan Grayson wants to be a Democratic Senator. But The Hill lists Grayson as
one of just two House Democrats "Leaning No" on the Iran deal. [2] His
Democratic Senate primary opponent, Rep. Patrick Murphy, has come out in
support of the deal. [3] Florida's Democratic Senator, Bill Nelson, supports
the deal. [4] But Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, who is chair of the
Democratic National Committee, [5] is "unclear/undecided," according to The
Hill. [6]

Urge Grayson and Wasserman Schultz to join Sen. Nelson and Rep. Murphy in
backing diplomacy, not war, by signing our petition at MoveOn:

<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=6kiEDhznIAxyRiYJhxPUYDixqr9dKm
6Q>
http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/act/grayson-dws-stand-with-nelson-murphy

Thanks for all you do to help defend diplomacy and prevent war,

Robert Naiman
Just Foreign Policy

Help fund our work with a $15 tax-deductible donation.
We're funded by people like you, so if you value what we do, help us keep it
going with a $15 tax-deductible donation.
http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/donate
<http://org.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=lCjXTlH3OmwbaoNWcDGIrDixqr9dKm
6Q>