[blind-democracy] FW: America Welcomes Syrian Refugees

  • From: Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 17:32:22 -0400

_____

From: Stephen Miles, Win Without War [mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2015 5:11 PM
To: miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: America Welcomes Syrian Refugees

<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=ZD7jS4EMEmQ1N8m7tr1t4T4a7DW
l9J6F>

Email Your Senators

Ask them to cosponsor S.2145 to provide refuge for Syria's refugees.

<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=1gErNbaSWhzw4nygcYN9pT4a7DW
l9J6F> Donate

Dear Miriam,

Four million people have fled Syria so far, yet the U.S. has shamefully only
accepted 1,500 of those refugees.

Fortunately, Senators Leahy (D-VT) and Graham (R-SC) have introduced a bill
that would provide an additional $1 billion in emergency funding to respond
to the refugee crisis, including costs associated with the resettlement of
refugees here. Their bill, officially titled S.2145, the Middle East Refugee
Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Act, could potentially support the
resettlement of 100,000 Syrian refugees in the next two years.

<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=yt5k0ZXN4oYVSBCncp5Q%2F80Fd
2kgUOPX> Please take two minutes to email your Senators and ask them to
cosponsor this bipartisan bill.

The world has been shocked and saddened by the plight of millions of
refugees fleeing the horrific civil war in Syria. While we have often
emailed you about ways to stop that conflict, today we're asking for your
help in protecting the men, women, and children whose lives have been
destroyed by the war. Yet, while so many of us have stood up to help those
in need, we have also seen the heartless xenophobia of Donald Trump and
others who would close our nation's borders to those in need of safe harbor.

<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=%2BTpj1f1Wr2cOkfzO%2BDdA%2B
T4a7DWl9J6F> Join us in standing up to hatred, xenophobia, and fear: Let
your Senators know that you welcome Syrian refugees.

From World War II to Vietnam, America has always opened its doors to those
in need of safe harbor, and today should be no different. Senators Leahy and
Graham have taken this courageous first step, acknowledging that, to do the
right thing, our government will need additional resources. While U.S.
taxpayers have already spent an astonishing $6.5
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=TmQDplAnSwqLra%2BpEMSUlD4a7
DWl9J6F> billion in the failed effort to bomb our way to peace in Syria,
resources to protect those in need have been severely lacking. The UN's
refugee agency has raised just 43%
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=oGRICyLUroCEg%2FSlJKFw%2B80
Fd2kgUOPX> of the funds it needs to aid Syria's refugees this year, and
that need is only growing. While more - much more - needs to be done to both
aid Syria's refugees and end the conflict from which they are fleeing, S.
2145 is an important first step towards fixing America's broken policy
towards the Syrian Civil War.

<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=gNie2yJ29h%2FTDwwe94u7dz4a7
DWl9J6F> Click here to send an email to your Senators asking them to support
Senators Leahy and Graham's important legislation.

Thank you for working for peace,

Stephen Miles
Advocacy Director
Win Without War

<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=xyymC%2Fo%2FS7%2FrFRZbwpD13
D4a7DWl9J6F> Donate
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Iy4fnXrWoGEaair%2FJ6XBqz4a7
DWl9J6F> Facebook
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=rJo9rEl37HkLR6KbJNfwUz4a7DW
l9J6F> Twitter

Win Without War, 2000 M Street NW, Suite 720, Washington, DC 20036
(202) 232-3317 | info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Copyright C 2014 Center for International Policy | Unsubscribe
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=heI2e4tF9awU2I8Tjz%2BUdj4a7
DWl9J6F>

<http://www.salsalabs.com/?email> empowered by Salsa
<http://salsa4.salsalabs.com/dia/TrackImage?key=394740065>