[blind-democracy] Did Amazon do this?

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rogerbailey81" for DMARC)
  • To: blind-democracy <blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2019 10:13:09 -0400

I'm in a complaining mood, so I hope you guys will indulge me. Remember that recently we were talking about how Amazon seems to be taking over everything? Well, I happened to mention that one thing they took over was my pharmacy. I use Pillpack in Manchester, New Hampshire because they ship my drugs directly to my door and some time back Amazon bought them out. I said that I had not noticed any changes that Amazon had made. Well, I think I have now noticed some changes just this morning. I just called them with a question about the expiration dates on one of my medications. When I have called them before I was connected directly to a pharmacist. In fact, they even advertised that when you had a question you would be talking to a pharmacist. This time I was on hold for a long time and when my call was finally answered I found myself talking to a woman with an accent heavy enough that I had to concentrate to understand her. I couldn't tell what kind of accent it was, so she could have been almost anywhere in the world. I think she had a difficult time understanding me too because she had to ask me to repeat myself several times. But I was able to ask her my question and then she had to put me on hold while she spoke to a pharmacist. After another long wait she got back to me and told me what the pharmacist said. She offered to connect me to a pharmacist, but I declined because the important part of my question was answered, but, in retrospect, I think I should have asked to be connected to that pharmacist because I am still wondering why there are two expiration dates on my medication. In fact, I just might call back tomorrow and ask immediately to talk to someone who knows what they are talking about. Now, if I called the pharmacy before and actually got the pharmacy and now I call the pharmacy and get someone in who knows what country who doesn't have a clue about drugs then I can only guess that this must be something that Amazon came up with. What was the point of this relay calling? If she didn't know the answer to my question she should have connected me with someone who did on the spot instead of relaying my question and then relaying the answer back to me because there was definitely something lost in the relay.

--

---

Carl Sagan
??? Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. ???
???  Carl Sagan