[blind-democracy] Re: Comparison of Bernie Sanders to Harry truman

  • From: Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2015 13:05:06 -0400

I don't even think that article compared the two. I think that Cutner was
saying that Sanders is in the mold of the traditional Democratic presidents
in terms of economic policy. Interestingly, when I attended a summer program
for blind people at the U of South Dakota in the Black Hills in the 90's,
one of the history professors, who seemed to be a lovely guy, was a big fan
of Truman. I never understood why. The courses we took didn't touch on that
part of history. Then later, as I read more, I really wondered what it was
that he admired so much about Truman. Perhaps it was that Truman was not an
elitist.