[blind-democracy] Re: Bernie Bias: The Mainstream Media Undermines Sanders at Every Turn

  • From: Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2015 13:41:06 -0400

You have no real part in it? I disagree. When the Republicans have a
predominance of power in our government, we are personally, negatively
affected. Yes, Kennedy was a cold warrrior. LBJ kept us entangled in
Vietnam. Clinton colluded with Wall Street. But it was Republican
administrations and Republican majorities in congress that moved us
inalterably to the right and gave us the Supreme Court that we now have. It
was right wing think tanks that pumped out the propaganda which convinced a
deluded public to passively accept the takeover of our country by
oligarches. And if by some quirk, we end up with a Republican president and
congressional majority, we'll be in a large hot war and we'll lose social
security, medicare, and medicaid as we know them. I have no illusions about
what the end game is if things continue as they are. But I want to hold on
to as many protections for as many of us as possible, for as long as I can.
Although I can't bring myself to vote for Hillary, I still do think she'd be
a bit better than any of the posible Republican candidates.