[blind-democracy] Re: As Trump Surges, New Polls Underscore Corporate Media's 'Bernie Blackout'

  • From: Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 09:49:26 -0500

The thing is, most people watch TV, lots of it. And they get most of their
information about the world from it, from headline news on radio stations,
and some read newspapers, owned by the same corporations that own the TV
channels. Not so much the young people, who get their information from
social media. But how objective is social media? And our fate, the fate of
our nation and the rest of the world depends on what our politicians and
their corporate friends do. And they do what they do because the public
believes much of what they say. 60% of the public believes that bombing Iraq
and Syria will solve the problems in the Middle East. 60%! And that question
to Carson about bombing hundreds of thousands of innocent children? Why are
we shocked when Madeline Albright already said it was OK for 500,000 Iraqi
children to die because of our sanctions. We talk about how people are wired
for cooperative living. I used to have debates with Ted about the nature of
the American public. Well, people are wired for cooperation, and also self
preservation, and the sector of the American people who want peace for
everyone, who are able to think independently, is looking very small these
days.