[blind-democracy] Re: And I Thought 1984 Could Never Happen!

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rogerbailey81" for DMARC)
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Bob Hachey (Redacted sender bhachey for DMARC)" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2019 21:43:44 -0400

Well, my non driver's ID is from the Division of Motor Vehicles and I even had to go there to get my picture taken and get the ID, so I am pretty sure that it is in the DMV database. Wait! I just remembered that when I last got it renewed I couldn't remember what kind of documentation I would have to take, so I called the DMV to ask. The guy I talked to was able to call up my information and tell me exactly what documentation I had used the last time, so my ID is definitely in their database. But I have to get one or it would be very difficult to function. When I go to the bank they want to see my ID.?? When I had to get my computer repaired and went to pick it up they asked for my ID. I don't use checks anymore. I use my debit card, but if I wrote a check I am sure that I would be asked for my ID. It looks like I am stuck with it whether I like it or not and I suppose that everyone else is too.

---

Voltaire
??? Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
???
???  Voltaire,

On 7/9/2019 9:18 PM, Bob Hachey (Redacted sender bhachey for DMARC) wrote:

Hi all,
I suspect that any kind of photo ID is subject to this kind of nonsense. And it
is so sad that both powerful and corrupted parties buy into said nonsense.
About all I can think to do in response to this mess is to quote good old ben Franklin
who once said something like, "those who would sacrifice liberty in the name of
security deserve neither."

Bob Hachey