[blind-democracy] Re: A strange thing happened today.

  • From: Carl Jarvis <carjar82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 17:24:08 -0800

Bacon Bits.
Back around 1990, back when we still had our cozy cabin out here in
the wilds of the great Olympic Peninsula, Cathy and I were on a two
week vacation, sitting on our deck taking in the absolute quiet of
Nature. Suddenly we saw my sister-in-law's dog Major, trotting up the
road. Right beside him was what Cathy thought was a fat little dog.
As they came closer that fat little dog turned into a Pot Belly Pig.
Major, a small German Shepard, and that pig romped together all
afternoon. Finally Major was tuckered out and sprawled on the deck.
The pig was not able to climb up the stairs to the deck, so he turned
around and trotted down the road. After that the fat little pig would
show up nearly every day. I named him Bacon Bits, and we began
feeding him tidbits because he would dance on his hind legs. Our
vacation came to an end and we headed back to the City. But the next
weekend, here came Bacon Bits. He must have heard the truck. If
Bacon Bits stayed too long and night settled in, he would go under the
cabin and burrow into a corner and spend the night.
Finally one Saturday our neighbor dropped over. he was seldom around,
being a Boeing engineer and usually out of the country.
"Have you seen Frankie around?" he asked us. "Frankie?" we thought he
was talking about some neighbor we'd not met.
"Frankfurter,", my Pot Belly pig. Turned out Frankie, AKA Bacon Bits,
was our neighbor's pet. Like all his pets, Frankie was left to fend
for himself. He did pretty good, being a bit smarter than his Master,
but one day Cathy noticed the hawks and Eagles circling the neighbors
pasture. They were finishing off what remained of Frankie. Probably
Coyotes had finally caught up to him. As I said, that neighbor had no
sense when it came to keeping his animals safe.

Carl Jarvis
On 12/29/15, Roger Loran Bailey <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

A strange thing happened today. A pig, yes, I mean the kind that says
oink - walked out of the woods and started playing with the neighbor's
dogs. They started calling around trying to find who lost a pig, but no
one admitted to owning a pig and no one knew anyone who did own a pig.
Finally the pig wandered off into the woods again as the dogs barked
their goodbyes. If the dogs had not been chained I think they would have
followed. Those dogs just loved the pig. It was both dog friendly and
people friendly, but no one can find out where it came from.