[blind-democracy] Re: A Fresh Look At Home Schooling

  • From: Alice Dampman Humel <alicedh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-democracy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2015 12:54:57 -0400

I agree. In addition, another problem is that so many of the people who choose
to home school their children are narrow minded, bigoted, poorly educated,
culturally illiterate people themselves, so how on earth are they going to
provide a decent education for their children?
At least the well-educated people who choose to do this, probably for very
different reasons from those of the people I cited above, are capable of
teaching their children well.
Alice
On Aug 29, 2015, at 11:37 AM, Miriam Vieni <miriamvieni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My response is that when the families with more education, more advantages,
more money, more influence, remove their children from public school
systems, then those systems receive less funding and less attention from
state governments. The public school systems are seen as schools for the
poor and uninfluential, and their children are neglected in terms of
resources and good teachers.