[blind-chess] Re: ladder

  • From: "R Dinger" <rrdinger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 10:22:08 -0700

Hi Jessica,

Welcome to our list.  Before I can enter you in the Ladder Tournament, I need
some information.  Below is a portion of a welcome message I sent you when you
first joined the blind-chess list.  Note that I do not release anyone's contact
information untill I get permission.

snip---
If you are new to chess you will start with a blind-chess rating of 1400.  If
you have a FIDE, USCF or other rating, we will convert approximately to our
rating system.  Ratings are posted to the list twice a month.

We maintain a database of our members and their ratings.  If you wish your name
included in our player database, please forward me your name and optionally
your location (state/province), phone and any current rating information.  Only
your name and email are required, the other information is used to help
establish time zone or provide direct phone communication if a question arises.
 Your name and email must be in our database and on the contact list mentioned
below in order to play.

Please tell me how you would like your name and email information to appear in
our contact list.  You also have an option to have your phone listed in our
contact list.  This list will be sent out periodically to our members so they
can email game challenges.  This contact information will not be sent over the
list or posted on any future website.

If you have any questions or suggestions to improve our discussion list, please
do not hesitate to speak up.
--- snip

So at a minimum, I need your current rating for our database and permission on
how you want your name to appear in the contact list.

Richard