[blind-chess] Re: Win at Chess problem 1

  • From: Knightrider <adatewithmate@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 13:56:43 -0400

Richard,

   I personally like the short algebraic better and don't use it for any
adaptive purposes.  Also the notation for pawn moves in the short version
doesn't need a P to
denote that a pawn moved.
A pawn moving to the fifth rank and the forth file could be written as (d5)
leaving out the (p).  I don't know if this would save much space.  Will the
letter (p) help when using adaptive technology or is it not needed?
  Lewis
"'Knightrider"