[blind-chess] Sharing on the list

  • From: Roderick Macdonald <rmacd@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 08:38:29 -1000 (HST)

Good morning!

Thanks to Carol and Alvin for ideas shared. I will try to research Alvin's question about how many Americans are active chess players. That question gave me an idea or two also - for example, what are the strongest chess-playing countries? I recall reading a list not so long ago that took the ten highest-rated players from each country, averaged their ratings, and used that to rank the countries of the world. I found the results both surprising and fun to read.

I am glad folks found the "history" articles of interest. I have one ready to send tonight, and will continue to send something daily if I am able. I will, however, "go silent" April 14-29 while on vacation.

Richard answered the question about reporting game results - he is our most illustrious Tournament Director by popular aclaim. You will be sending your game scores to him. If you would like to have a game annotated, you can include that request with your report to Richard, and he will forward it to me. Or you can send a game directly to me and I will do my thing. Keep in mind it may take a wee bit of time to analyze the game.

A suggestion: If you find an interesting article or game reported on the list, you might want to create a special folder to start your own chess library. I am doing that myself.

Rod
========== The blind-chess mailing list View list information and change your settings: //www.freelists.org/list/blind-chess List archives: //www.freelists.org/archives/blind-chess =========