[blind-chess] Sample invitation for new members

  • From: "R Dinger" <rrdinger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "blind-chess" <blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 09:15:30 -0700

I put together a sample invitation for members to consider as a starting point
if inviting new members to join this list.

You may invite anyone you think will add value to our list.

You do not have to use my sample, but be sure to give the correct links!

Note anyone can join this list, although we are focused on blind and visually
impaired folks.  Anyone that misbehaves will be removed.

My proposed sample follows.

Richard
-----------
The Blind Chess discussion list focuses on chess education for blind and
visually impaired chess enthusiasts and newcomers through annotated games,
puzzles, mentoring and friendly correspondence games and tournaments.

The Blind Chess list is not a new chess organization; the Blind Chess list is a
venue for discussing all chess topics such as puzzles, problems, annotated
games and mentoring new players.

There are no dues for the Blind Chess list as there are no costs.  In the
future, we hope to establish a website focused on the same goals.

Come join us on the Blind Chess list and have some fun while learning more
about chess.

You can subscribe to the Blind Chess list in one of two ways:
- You can subscribe to the list by sending email to
blind-chess-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by

- visiting the list page at //www.freelists.org/list/blind-chess