[blind-chess] Re: Rod - Annotated Games

  • From: Roderick Macdonald <rmacd@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 08:22:36 -1000 (HST)

Hi Connie,

Sure, both Tal and Alekhine are on my "to do" list.At the outset, though, I am focusing on "famous" games. Next up will be the "Immortal Game" (Anderssen-Kieseritsky 1851), and I also hope to get to the "Evergreen Game", "Opera Game", "Game of the Century" and so forth.

I just hope the length of the articles will not put some to sleep, but I myself found the biographical "stuff" interesting.

Oh, and I will get some games in there by women players like Vera Menchik and Judit Polgar.

One other thing: You asked awhile back for an article on where to get e-books. My problem is I don't know if the e-books are accessible. I think most that do not rely on video (movies) should be accessible to ZoomText, but not sure about Jaws and other screenr eaders. However, the following are definitely sources of chess e-books, both free and for purchase:

http://www.chesscentral.com/
http://www.chessville.com/
http://www.chess.com/

I found the folks at ChessCentral to be very helpful.

Chessville has a lot of free downloadable e-books and public-domain books in PDF format. One word of caution regarding "public domain" books - it means they are at elast 75 years out of print, and probably use descriptive (sometimes weird) notation. But it's free...

Rod
========== The blind-chess mailing list View list information and change your settings: //www.freelists.org/list/blind-chess List archives: //www.freelists.org/archives/blind-chess =========