[blind-chess] Re: Play Almost Over-The-Board Chess Free: Chess Parlor Meeting Saturday 11:30 A.M. Eastern, 15:30 GMT or UTC

  • From: "Mike Gieschen" <mgieschen924@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 15:31:00 -0400

Hi, Chess Players.

You are invited to join the FTP May - June Swiss Chess Parlor Tournament.

Please let me know by Saturday, April 30.
To respond, go to the Chess Parlor list at  Ftp-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This can be found at the for-the-people.com home page, and follow the e-mail list link.

I will be posting the round one pairings on May 1.

All games will be played in the Chess Parlor at for-the-people.com
Everything is free!

Our tournaments are open to all, including beginners.

You are welcome to listen to any of our games in the Chess Parlor.

A game is played in a couple of hours.
It is voice-chat over-the-board chess.
It is not correspondence chess or email chess.
You will need to plug a microphone into your computer.
A microphone cost less than ten dollars.

For-the-people.com is a set of voice chat rooms.
There are no costs to join.
To register for for-the-people, go to the web site, for-the-people.com, and follow the directions. If you have a problem in registering or in entering the Chess Parlor room, et cetera, email FTPTechTeam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks,
Mike
"Welsh Dragon"