[blind-chess] Re: List of members

  • From: "R Dinger" <rrdinger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 19:23:29 -0700

Hi Alvin,

I am not being clear. When someone signs up I only have an email address no name or anything else.

If a member want to play in tournaments, play friendly games or have any games scored for ratings, they must reveal themselves and have at least their name in the database and player contact list.

I would like to allow new list members to lurk for a while to see if they like the list before they commit to playing or posting. I am willing to be convinced otherwise, however.

Currently, Jim Slagle is on our list, but I do not think he has any interest other than announcing FTP stuff. I think that is of some value to our members.

Uwe is on the player list, but has given me no indication of his rating or that he wants to play any rated games, so he is not shown in the ratings for now.

Rod has not given me permission to add his name to the contact list.

Richard

----- Original Message ----- From: "alvin blazik" <ablazik@xxxxxxxxxxx>