[blind-chess] Invitation to a Free Almost-Over-The-Board Chess Tournament

  • From: Jim Slagle <jamesrslagle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ftp-chess yahoogroups <ftp-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 13:45:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Chess Players,

You are invited to play in the August-September 2012 World Chess Parlor Swiss
Tournament.

All are welcome to play.

You arrange to schedule your game at a time and date  convenient to you.
We can work around your schedule, even if you are going to be unavailable
during the tournament for a week or so.

It is a 3 or 4 round swiss stylle tournament.
A game usually lasts a couple of hours.
You may request and receive a half point bye in Round 1.
The full rules will be e-mailed with Round 1 pairings.

To enter this free tournament, simply e-mail me at jamesrslagle@xxxxxxxxx by
Tuesday, August 21, at 11:00 A.M. EDT, which is 15:00 UTC or GMT.

Also you are invited to attend our weekly World Chess Parlor Club Meeting on
Saturday in the Chess Parlor at for-the-people.com at 11:30 A.M. Eastern
DayLight Saving Time, 15:30 GMT or UTC.
> Everything is free!
> We can tell you how you can get free chess lessons,
> even if you have never played this great game.
> If you have any chess questions or would like to arrange a
> game, please attend the meeting.
> Our voice chat room "over-the-board" Chess Parlor
> Tournament and Ladder Tournament and other things will be
> discussed.
> Our tournaments are free and open to all, including
> beginners.
> You are welcome to listen to any of our games in the Chess
> Parlor.
> A game is played in a couple of hours.
> It is voice-chat over-the-board chess.
> It is not correspondence chess or email chess.
> You will need to plug a microphone into your computer.
> A microphone cost less than ten dollars.
>
> P.S. For-the-people.com is a set of voice chat rooms.
> It is free.
> To register for for-the-people, go to the web site,
> for-the-people.com, and follow the directions.
> If you have a problem in registering or in entering
> the Chess Parlor room, et cetera, email FTPTechTeam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> After you have been accepted by for-the-people.com, to
> subscribe to ftp-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
> go to the for-the-people.com home page, and follow the
> e-mail list link.
>
> Keep checking,
> Jim Slagle
> U.S.A. Phone: 609 945 5415

View list information and change your settings:
//www.freelists.org/list/blind-chess
=======