[blind-chess] Hi Alvin, Re: Sorry Alvin, but here is a hint Re: Problem WAC009

  • From: "R Dinger" <rrdinger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 13:32:39 -0700

Hi Alvin,

I don't actually have the book the web site only gives the best next move.  But
I would analyze your solution as follows:

You are proposing:
1... Rh2

As White I suspect you are interested in bringing your Queen over to the H file
to cause more trouble.  But you did not make a forcing move so I have any reply
I want, so I would move:

2. g5 blocking your Queen from moving to h4 immediately.

Now what do you do?

My next move will probably be:

3. g3 blocking your Bishop and eliminating h4 as a landing zone for your Queen
as well!  And now your Rook is threatened.