[blind-chess] Re: Chris, Re: Spoiler alert! Problem WAC006

  • From: "Chris C." <cchaffin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 15:59:14 -0400

Thanks Richard for the comments and reminder.
I knew with the black rook on g8 that moving whites rook to h7 would be
checkmate, but for some reason I put Rxa7 as my move #2.

This is the first puzzle in a few where you are not sacrificing a major piece
as your best move.
There has been  a lot of puzzles where you sacrifice your queen or other major
piece as your next best move.  I have found this interesting because in most
cases, most people do not look for moves like that in playing a game.  It has
taught me that sometimes you have to look at all possibilities and not exclude
using certain pieces.

Chris