[blind-chess] Re: Chess Article #25 (fwd) Castling in Chess

  • From: "dauidr@xxxxxxxx" <dauidr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 18:55:51 GMT

Hi, Rod.

Thanks for the article. Of course, the thing we have to remember is not to
expose the castled king to weakness like those shown by white in last week's
problem 21. There, both black's rook and queen found holes to sit in backed up
by the bishop and another rook. Of course, that was a chess problem but could
easily be reached in any number of ways in any number of games.

Part of our decision-making is when to leave the castled position stagnant and
when, in the endgame or late middle, to make  it more dynamic.

David Rosenkoetter