[blind-chess] Announcing 2010 Ladder Champion

  • From: "alvin blazik" <ablazik@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blind-chess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 16:51:32 -0500

Congratulations Mike! Way to go!!

----- Original Message -----
From: R Dinger
To: chess
Sent: Friday, December 31, 2010 3:27 PM
Subject: [blind-chess] Announcing 2010 Ladder Champion

Hello Chess Players,

Please join me in congratulating Mike Gieschen for winning the 2010 Blind Chess
Ladder Tournament.
Although midnight has not yet arrived here on the West Coast, Mike's current
challenger Randy is
vacationing in sunny California until tomorrow so Mike's status as King of the
Mountain at year end
is not in doubt.

So congratulations Mike for winning the 2010 Ladder Championship.

Unless some additional game records are received later this evening, the final
year end Ladder
ranking is as shown below.  Please remember the Ladder order is being reversed
tomorrow so Mike will
have nowhere to go but up starting tomorrow!

New players may join the Ladder tomorrow after the year end order is reversed.
New challenges will
be processed tomorrow also if mailed after Midnight Pacific time.  Challenges
will be processed in
the order they arrive in my mailbox.  All games currently in-progress will
continue until completed.

Happy New Year to everyone.

Draft 2010 Final Ladder Order and Player Status:

Rank Name (color) status
1 Mike Gieschen (B) defending in Kruzeniski-Gieschen
2 Paul Benson (W) available
3 Randy Kruzeniski (W) challenging in Kruzeniski-Gieschen
4 Chris Chaffin (B) defending in Chaffin-Allain
5 Mike Allain (W) challenging in Chaffin-Allain
6 Stan Lovell (B) available
7 Connie Torrisi (B) available
8 Lewis Wallach (B) available
9 Allen Maynard (W) available