[bksvol-discuss] writer's club summary

  • From: "Jackie McBride" <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 21:43:44 -0700

The Explorations in Creative Writing club met on Saturday, August 16,
in the Friends of Bookshare classroom. We discussed 3 pieces, which
will be posted to the classroom's browser. The topics were to write
1st-person narratives of characters from other times, e.g., pioneer
times, biblical times, civil war times, the future, etc. The object of
the exercise is to examine everyday details which we take for granted,
such as doing laundry, entertaining ourselves, etc., think about how
these would be done in times past or might be done in times future, &
include them in a story. It follows with the curriculum we studied
regarding writing about the everyday details in fresh new ways. We
will meet again at 9:00 a.m. pacific, noon eastern, in the friends of
bookshare classroom:
www.friendsofbookshare.org
& click on the classroom link.

Hope to see yall there!