[bksvol-discuss] western Christian fiction books requested

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gwen tweedy <gstweedy@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 01:33:13 -0700 (PDT)

Gwen, I added your request to the Wish List and forwarded it to the volunteer
email list. Hopefully one of the fans of westerns and Christian fiction will
scan it soon.

From: gwen tweedy <gstweedy@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Hi again sorry to bother you again *smile*
To: "Cindy" <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, July 10, 2009, 6:51 PM

This is Gwen Tweedy again
and I saw a review of a book that the series sounds
really good,
so if you didn't mind I thought I'd send it on
here
and maybe some day down the road,
maybe somebody would find these books.
Dangerous Heart by Tracey Bateman

From the Back
Cover:

For the past seven years, Ginger Freeman has had one
goal: find Grant Kelley and make him pay for allowing her brother to die.
Growing up motherless with a father who leads an outlaw gang, Ginger isn’t
exactly peaches and cream. So when she finally tracks down Grant on a wagon
train headed west, she figured providence had stepped in and given her the
chance she’s been waiting for. On the wagon train, finally surrounded by a
sense
of family and under the nurturing eye of Toni Rodde, Ginger begins to lose her
rough edges. She’s made friends for the first time and has become part of
something bigger than revenge. Not only has her heart softened toward people in
general, but God has become a reality she never understood before. And watching
Grant doctor the pioneers, she’s realized she can’t just kill him and leave the
train without medical care. Putting her anger aside, before long, Ginger’s a
functioning part of the group.But when the outlaw gang, headed by her pa, shows
up and infiltrates the wagon train, she is forced to question her decision.
Only
self-sacrifice and her new relationship with God can make things right. But it
might also means she loses everything she’s begun to hold
dear.

My Review:

This is book #3 in a series
called Westward Hearts Series.

The book is about a gal (Ginger) who joins
up with a wagon train headed west in order to give the doc (Grant) his just due
– for letting her brother die when she was a little girl during a stage coach
robbery..

During this time that Ginger has been with the wagon train, she
has been living amongst many Christians and a new mind set begins to take hold.
Her revenge on Grant is not as strong as it once was and she becomes torn
between her old life and a new way of living.

During the travel west – a
band of thieves attack the wagon train. Come to find out it was Ginger’s pa and
his crew. During the attack, Ginger’s younger brother was hurt and left behind.
The wagon train folks end up brining him back to camp – he has a head injury
and
is very ill.

Ginger then is forced to make the decision of going back
with her pa and living a life among thieves and robbers or to take a stand in
what she comes to believe in and live a life among good, hard working people
and
with God in her heart.

I really enjoyed this book. The characters are
very well developed and believable. In fact at first I didn’t like Ginger one
bit. She reminded me of a defiant, mouthy teen. LOL! Course that all
changed.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves heading west
adventures.. I would like to go back and read books #1 and #2 now!

I just was searching and looking at these types of
books and found this one.
Thanks