[bksvol-discuss] Re: wanting to volunteer

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 21:59:58 -0800 (PST)

Wow!! Either the form has changed since I singed up or
there are different forms for members and nonmembers.
Jamie, was the form you filled out like that? I think
I had to answer questions about my background, i.e.,
what in it would qualify me, and write a paragraph
explaining why I wanted to volunteer. There were other
questions I don't remember.

G.Cindy

--- Estelnalissi <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear Jackie, Shannon and Booksharian Friends,
>
> Jackie, from curiosity I read the form you
> reproduced for Shannon. What a
> blast from the past and a reminder of how much my
> life and computer skills
> have changed since I started volunteering.
>
> When I applied this is how I filled out the form.
>
> What kind of  assistance application do you use.
> JAWS. That's all.
>
> Do you have scanned books? No!
>
> Do you have access to a scanner? No!
>
>  Do you know how to Unzip compressed files? No!
>
> Do you know how to convert text files into other
> formats using a word
> processor like Word? No !
>
> I'm surprised Bookshare didn't write advising me to
> attend remedial computer
> classes, and apply again in 5 or 10 years!
>
> I so appreciate Bookshare for letting me go for it,
> and the people who were
> on this list back then and now who answered and keep
> answering, my
> questions. The friends I've made through Bookshare
> and the books I validate
> and scan truly rock my world.
>
> Always with love,
>
> Lissi
>
> Today the answers to these questions is Yes.

at
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/