[bksvol-discuss] validating ms word doc files with kurzweil

  • From: Noel Romey <ner@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 15:08:16 -0500

Hey guys,
I don't know if anyone else has had problems with this but ... I have had two books now that I've gotten from bookshare to validate. Both have been .doc files. What I've been doing is saving those files from word and then re importing into them nto kurzweil. I want to do this so I can take care of some hyphen problems etc. One thing I notice about the rtf file is that it has section breaks versus page breaks. I also use office XP. But every time I try to import into kurzweil, it chokes and crashes. I've written Stephen at kurzweil with no result, but I figured since I got the books from bookshare's pool you guys might have had the same problem. The book I have is called Forest Ecology. The one before that was Classical Mythology.

Any ideas?

Ner

Noel Romey Arkansas, USA View my insights at my live journal: http://djner.livejournal.com