[bksvol-discuss] Re: traveling blind

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 03:32:12 -0800 (PST)

Pratik,

The publisher sent the copyright page to Christine and
she inserted the page into the book. Hopefully she
still has it and can send it to you to insert.

Is the submitter here? Do you have the book?

O.K. Now I really am going to bed. I got sidetracked.
smile

If worse comes to worse I'll report to the publisher
the problems, She's willing to send books to
boookshare. Would she send it electronically or mail
it?

G.Cindy
--- Pratik Patel <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> About a week ago, I picked "Travelling Blind" to
> take a look at the
> pagination issues in the book and to see what can be
> done with the book.
>
> Here is what I notice.
>
> 1. Copyright info is missing.  There is no copyright
> page or notice.
> 2. There are no page numbers in the book,  no Table
> of contents or
> indication as to where a proper Break should appear.
> 3. Soft pages are a result of page sizing.  The
> book's page size is normal,
> American 8.5" by 11.00". There is no way to tell
> whether these pages match
> with the print.  I suspect not.
>
> I sincerely hope that we can speak with the
> publisher/submitter to  discuss
> these issues and see if we can get some more
> metadata in the book for
> acceptance.  As it stands, I have to reject this
> copy.
>
> Pratik

at
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/