[bksvol-discuss] Re: submitted 8 books

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 21:06:30 -0400

Hi all,

Wow, that's quite a spread of books, from the sublime to the fanciful.

Clarke is always a good read! And Rendezvous is a classic. Maybe something for the Science Fiction Club?

Folks in the Christian Book Club may want to take special note of The Robe and Sparticus. They were excellent movies starring big famous people, Christopher Plumber comes to mind but I may be totally off-base. Anyway, they were great actors whomever they were. Now we just need a couple more to round out this genre like Taylor Caldwell's Dear And Glorious Physician and one or two more. I can't remember just now. I am pretty sure we've got Ben Herr. Wonderful historical fiction which show cases Biblical times. Great lentan reading for them's that like to read this sort of thing during Lent.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring