[bksvol-discuss] Re: still can't upload a book

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 08:07:56 -0500

Hi Bud,

I think in the past when the system has returned an error saying the title has 0 length it has turned out that it can't find the file. I believe that most have gotten around this by renaming the file to the old standard DOS format, no spaces, no punctuation, and the 8-3 name limitation. While the file name you are entering may be a correct one, I imagine when the system is parsing the name it comes across a character it feels indicates a terminating one so that it truncates the actual name. The Bookshare server I believe is running under Linux, which doesn't appreciate spaces or many punctuation characters.

Dave

At 12:22 AM 1/20/2005, you wrote:
Hi again gang,

I sent a message earlier today saying that I couldn't get a book uploaded to bookshare. As I said I have submitted several hundred during the past couple years but this one baffles me. I get it all filled out and it comes back saying there is an error. I check it all and everything is filled out correctly except that the book title is missing. A message says
"error, title has zero length. Any thoughts?
I've retried at least six times and am about to just junk it and start another book.
Thanks for any help

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P
Malibu, California