[bksvol-discuss] spammer on the discussion list

  • From: Alisa Moore <alisam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 15:11:35 +0000

Hi all,

Madeleine is troubleshooting the issues we're having with a rogue intruder on
the discussion list.  Unfortunately, Freelists wasn't recognizing her email
address nor did it recognize an email address associated with the spammer's to
put a stop to the posts.  She's working with Freelists admin to resolve the
issue.  (This is a great example of why it's so important not to include any
confidential/personal information in emails in the group, because we can't
always control for "intruders").

Please email (outside the group/off-line) myself and Madeleine any updates or
information you have in terms of how this has impacted your participation on
the list or your email so we can advise Freelists.

Kindly,

Alisa K. Moore
Volunteer Program Manager
Benetech