[bksvol-discuss] space and line break

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 07:45:50 -0400

AThe really scary thing about the space linebreak issue is that it is created when using a particular recognition engine in Kurzweil and saving as rtf. I hope k1000 has a patch for this. I further hope that official bookshare staff speaks regularly with official k1000 staff as the k1000 staff were totally unaware of this bug until it was pointed out by bookshare volunteers at CSUN. What is going on with beta testing at k1000 if this sort of thing gets by? I am angry. This stuff takes time to fix book by book and my time and yours volunteers is valuable.

If bookshare wants to come off looking good it needs to know that it relies on scanning software, volunteers and the workability of both and needs to communicate accordingly. We are wasting a lot of time as volunteers because such communicating needs fixing up. I know we are promised that it is coming. I say the sooner the better.

Again we need k1000 and open book onboard officially and in an on going way here.

E.