[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanning, first time:

  • From: "Larry Lumpkin" <llumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 09:27:36 -0600

Many of us use the opticbook series of scanners.  The new models are the 3800
selling for about $250 and the 4800 selling for $800.  I am using the older
3600 and there was an accompanying 4600 in the higher price range.  They are
book-edge scanners and work very well for scanning bookshare books.  Many
people donât like it much but Iâd suggest studying the bookshare proofing
manual found on their site.  Beyond that, there are no particular steps or
tricks.  Just dive in.  If you feel you need a mentor, ask bookshare staff and
theyâll get you one.