[bksvol-discuss] Re: scanning error

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 22:15:39 -0400

I know what causes it, actually E, and I am not using that engine unless I
have no other choice.

It is caused by Scansoft, and its recognition engine, and Indeed I find it
strange because the words split, not lose letters or other things.

The shame is Scansoft leaves off the junk that Fine Reader likes to put in,
and it is better at numbers and fractions than Fine Reader.

but indeed the split words is aggravating, smile.

I have had the techs at Kurzweil look at images, and they say there there is
no problem with my scanner, is just how Scansoft works with my scanner,
smile.

But indeed it can be very very frustrating to encounter them.  I also
scanned this book about two years ago, so maybe it is fixed in the new
version of scansoft.  But when I did scan this book, the Scansoft was the
engine that did the best job with the book.

Shelley L. Rhodes M.A., VRT, CTVI
and Guinevere, Golden lady Guide
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Alumni Association Board
www.guidedogs.com

More than Any other time, When I hold a beloved book in my hand, my
- Helen Keller